1/25/2006

My final Oscar nominee picks

Best Picture
1. Brokeback Mountain
2. Walk the Line
3. Good Night and Good Luck
4. Crash
5. Capote
Runner-Up: Munich

Best Director
1. Ang Lee – Brokeback Mountain
2. George Clooney – Good Night, and Good Luck
3. Bennet Miller – Capote
4. Paul Haggis – Crash
5. Steven Spielberg – Munich
Runner up: David Cronenberg – A History of Violence

Best Actor
1. Phillip Seymour Hoffman – Capote
2. Joaquin Phoenix – Walk the Line
3. Heath Ledger – Brokeback Mountain
4. David Strathairn – Good Night, and Good Luck
5. Terrence Howard – Hustle & Flow
Runner-up: Jeff Daniels – The Squid and the Whale

Best Actress
1. Reese Witherspoon – Walk the Line
2. Felicity Huffman – Transamerica
3. Judi Dench – Mrs. Henderson Presents
4. Charlize Theron – North County
5. Joan Allen – The Upside of Anger
Runner-up: Zhang Ziyi – Memoirs of a Geisha

Supporting Actor
1. George Clooney - Syriana
2. Paul Giametti – Cinderella Man
3. Matt Dillon – Crash
4. Jake Gyllenhall – Brokeback Mountain
5. William Hurt – A History of Violence
Runner-up: Terrence Howard - Crash

Supporting Actress
1. Michelle Williams – Brokeback Mountain
2. Rachel Weisz – The Constant Gardener
3. Maria Bello – A History of Violence
4. Catherine Keener – Capote
5. Amy Adams – Junebug

Runner Up: Frances McDormand – North Country

Best Original Screenplay
1. Crash
2. Good Night, and Good Luck
3. Match Point
4. The Squid and the Whale
5. Cinderella Man
Runner up: The Three Buriels of Melquiades Estrada

Best Adapted Screenplay
1. Brokeback Mountain
2. Capote
3. Walk the Line
4. The Constant Gardener
5. A History of Violence
Runner up: Munich

5 Comments:

Blogger musicbeing said...

Yeah...I remember last night I made a comment to you...hahaha...about how "all you do on your blog is review movies"..hahahaha! That's cool, I know nothing about movies. The irony of it is that I was actually into dramatic arts but changed my mind.

I just made a comment about you on my blog too, curiously enough. Ve a leer

2:20 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

If you ranked someone as 1, does that mean you think they'll win? I ask becasue you picked Reese for best actress. I saw the movie, loved it, and thought she was amazing. I don't know that I would pick her to win though.

7:34 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Chargenda said...

yeah, that is what it means. and yes, she is like 95% for sure gunna win.

7:57 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger amanda said...

Wow, you really DID like Capote - it wasn't on your list for much on your first Oscar lists, was it?
And Reese is totally gonna win.

9:03 PM, January 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. You have the movie categories dead on, with Brokeback for sure winning.

2. I'm only banking on Lee for director. This category is always crazy.

3. 5th one's a wild card for actor for sure. Why isn't Ralph Fiennes nominated and Weisz is?

4. Don't know what to think about actress. Love Reese, sure Felicity is good but I think this one sucks more than supporting actor.

5. Gotta see Gardener. Weisz. This one's up in the air. Love Keener, not sure what they'll do with Bello if anything, they'll nominate Williams just so they can ignore her, and don't even get me started about Thandie Newton from Crash. I can hardly fucking stand to see her left out. I'd have put McDormand ahead of Junebug though.

6. If Jake is nominated, I'll be happy. That's it.

11:36 AM, January 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home