1/23/2006

Capote


I love when I go into a movie have sort of low expectations and end up being blown away. I saw two amazing movies this weekend that I had just a minor interest in seeing.

I went to see Capote because I knew that Phillip Seymour Hoffman had gotten raves and I thought that the movie was just going to be all about his performance It was so much more than that! The movie is the story of the years he spent writing In Cold Blood, but it chronicles his time in Kansas and deals with the relationship he builds with one of the murderers, who he relates to deeply, but is also using to write his novel. Catherine Keener plays Harper Lee, his friend, and is wonderful. The issues addressed in this movie, the acting, the directing, the screenplay, the whole thing was just wonderful to me. I spent the whoe rest of the day thinking about this movie, and that's what I like a good movie to do to me.

I seriously kept putting this movie off because I expected it to be lame and dull, but now it is at the top of my list for the best of 2005.

Grade: A

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

See!? I knew you'd love it!

12:40 PM, January 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home