5/30/2006

Memoirs of a Geisha


All of the stuff I heard about this movie was true. The gist of the reviews was that Geisha is a very beautiful movie, but not much other than that. The cinematography, costumes, scenery, people are all beautiful. But, the reviews said the acting wasn't much good and the story and pacing were duds. I wasn't as let down as I thought I would be. I loved the music, the story and the concept. But, the acting just ruined it for me.

Rob Marshall should have found some Japanese women, instead of Chinese women, and told this story in their native language to let their acting talents shine.

What is it with Marshall and his thing for stories of ladies feuding with each other?

Grade: C+

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I completely agree. I think I would have liked it more if I hadn't read the book, but my expectations were too high.

12:53 PM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger Michael said...

I loved the movie, but I think that's because I was in the back row of the theater making out with a pretty hot guy. What was the movie about again?

2:59 PM, May 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home