5/26/2006

Wakamono

I visited Wakamono, the new sushi place on Broadway across from PingPong, a few nights ago. This photo has nothing to do with that, but this is one of the images that popped up when I googled Wakamono.

I was going to go there one other time, but when we popped in soon after they opened the place stank of fish, not a good sign for a sushi restaurant. But, after seeing long lines and hearing some good stuff, I figured I should give it a whirl.

It was really good. Some of the better sushi I have had in the sea of sushi choices here in Chicago. The Dragon roll was awesome and the chef's maki choice thing was really good, too, but they won't tell you what they are going to put on it, which makes it hard to share and pair with an extra roll or two.

And the music choice was really weird. They actually played a Christmas song at one point.

Grade: B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home