5/25/2006

Parkside

This was, by far, the best meal in Vancouver. We went in intending to do the 4 course menu, but could only get through the first three with no room for dessert.

It is on a residential street in Vancouver and a cute dining room, but it could be a little more intimate. And there was a cabinet in the middle of the room that bugged my bf and matched nothing.

Anyway, I had a duck appetizer with rhubarb stuff on the side, followed by a salmon ravioli in an asparagus sauce with salmon cavier and the tuna for my entree. The bf had the seafood bisque, followed by a quail and artichoke risotto with the lamb as his entree. They all were amazing dishes except for the ravioli which was sort of chewey and the inside texture was a little too finely blended for me. The meal was accompanied by a Pinot Grigio from British Columbia that rocked.

And we each started with these really delicious and not overpowring cocktails, mine made with a berry sorbet and the bf's with an apple sorbet. Devine!

Grade: A

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love titles in all small caps. it just makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. sounds like a hot place to chow.

what's with "devine!" Is that a pun i'm not getting?

8:53 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Chargenda said...

no, just a really bad typo I didn't catch. I don't edit my own work well.

8:54 AM, May 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home