5/16/2006

Root Beer Floats

When was the last time you had a root beer float? It had been a while for me, but then a week or two ago I had a dinner party and ended it with root beer floats. It was so good and brought back some childhood memories!

I had another one last night during the Grey's Anatomy finale (which, by the way, was amazing!)

This time aroud though, I realized I had made these wrong my whole life. You do root beer than ice cream, not the other way around....oops...

Grade: B+

7 Comments:

Blogger Marz said...

I love root beer floats too. I like to use diet root beer so that the ice cream gets a icy root beer crust that I can scoop off and eat.

11:48 AM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger amanda said...

I don't like them at all. I didn't even like them when I was a kid. I don't like it when the ice cream gets all melty.

9:39 AM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Noah said...

why do you have to put the root beer first?

10:23 AM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Chargenda said...

if you put the ice cream first then it gets all fizzy and foamy and not enough room for all the root beer!

10:31 AM, May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'bout the Boston Cooler? It's like a root beer float, but you use Vernors.

Delicious.

12:20 PM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Chargenda said...

That sounds more like a Michigan Cooler or Float. I would think that in Boston they use like Schweppes or some other ginger ale brand.

Vernor's: That's what we drink around here!

12:21 PM, May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's named Boston Cooler after the Boston Ave. location in Detroit where it was invented.

12:14 PM, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home