1/31/2006

Oscar Nominees Announced



Well, I did really really well in my predictions. I would also just like to tell Chargenda reader, Beth, to eat me. She commented on how off my predictions were. I did awesome! 88% right in the major eight catagories! My comments with the predicted winner in italics:

BEST MOTION PICTURE OF THE YEAR
BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
CAPOTE
CRASH GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK
MUNICH
I can't believe that Walk the Line didn't make it! It won the Globe and was my favorite movie of the year. This is the biggest upset for me.

ACHIEVEMENT IN DIRECTING
BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
CAPOTE
CRASH
GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK
MUNICH
I got this catagory right on, but I would have liked to have been surprised and seen Woody Allan in here, because I have a newfound interest in the guy after seeing Match Point.

PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Judi Dench - MRS. HENDERSON PRESENTS
Felicity Huffman - TRANSAMERICA
Keira Knightley - PRIDE & PREJUDICE
Charlize Theron - NORTH COUNTRY
Reese Witherspoon - WALK THE LINE
I didn't have Keira down here, even as my runner-up, so that was a shocker. I hope that Reese doesn't lose steam because of Walk the Line being snubbed for Best Pic.

PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Philip Seymour Hoffman - CAPOTE
Terrence Howard - HUSTLE & FLOW
Heath Ledger - BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
Joaquin Phoenix - WALK THE LINE
David Strathairn - GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK
I got this one totally correct as well and was glad that Russell Crowe didn't show up here. Props to me for predicting Terrence Howard!

PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Amy Adams - JUNEBUG
Catherine Keener - CAPOTE
Frances McDormand - NORTH COUNTRY
Rachel Weisz - THE CONSTANT GARDENER
Michelle Williams - BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
Sad to see Maria Bello not make it, but thrilled to see Amy Adams, even thought I haven't seen the movie. I hear that McDormand is just blah here.

PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
George Clooney - SYRIANA
Matt Dillon - CRASH
Paul Giamatti - CINDERELLA MAN
Jake Gyllenhaal - BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
William Hurt - A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE
I got Hurt right, which was me going out on a limb. Woo hoo! This catagory was up in the air so I am thrilled that I got it all right!

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
CAPOTE
THE CONSTANT GARDENER
A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE
MUNICH
Walk the Line got screwed again. So sad.

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
CRASH
GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK.
MATCH POINT
THE SQUID AND THE WHALE
SYRIANA
I didn't predict Syriana, but glad to see Cinderella Man get snubbed.

I really like all the nominees this year and am more into it this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home