1/31/2006

Crash

I finally watched this movie just in time for the Oscar nominees to be announced. I really liked it, but didn't totally love it. A great beautiful story, I thought. But, it was also just so many coincidences. And what was the point? It was a bit preachy and there were a few too many things that turned out OK in the end. And it narrowed in on all these very blatant scense of racism, when I think that most racism is a little more under the surface than that. Great performances, but this concept has been done in LA before by Robert Altman. I loves me an ensemble cast movie, though.

I had avoided this movie because everyone commented on how depressing it is. And it is a lot to swallow, but not the punch in the gut that I thought I would get. I thought I had to be prepared to watch it and ready to deal with how I felt after, but that didn't really happen for me with this.

Grade: B

3 Comments:

Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I felt the same way about it. It was good, but I expected a little more.

8:43 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Dustin Harder said...

i think i might actually agree with you on this one mister.

10:08 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger musicbeing said...

"Crash" was and is so contrived. It tried so hard to be "raw" that it ended up sounding forced like an After School special!

*wow! she made a racist statement about latinos! oooh! Oh wow! he assumed Shaniqua was an idiot!*

I feel bad, every movie that's been hyped this year I have not liked. Well I had a good laugh with "Brokeback" so that one wasn't one I hated.

But then again I don't do movies that much, so what do I know?!

5:01 PM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home