10/31/2006

The Queen

The Queen is the story of the Queen's reaction to Princess Di's death in 1997. Hellen Mirren really is wonderful in this movie, and can't imagine the Academy not recognizing her. So far, she seems like the best choice for the win.

The feel of the movie is a little bit funny, and I mean that in a good way. Is it a political satire? Is it a heartfelt family drama? Is it political fiction? I left not knowing what to think. I couldn't lump it into any one genre, but that was just fine with me.

I really want to know how the Brits responded to this movie.

So far, Hellen is my top choice to take home the Oscar, but I can't say I want the movie to be nominated for Best Picture, even though I enjoyed it.

Grade: B

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

I'm definitely going to see this movie sometime in the next week.

6:33 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger Aethlos said...

i'm very anxious to see this one....

11:37 AM, November 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home