10/16/2006

Babel


I was able to get a sneak peek at Babel this weekend. The movie doesn't come out until some time in November, but I saw it as part of the Chicago International Film Festival.

I really loved it.

The director of 21 Grams and Ammeres Perros delivers his third movie and this one is more powerful, well-thought out and impactful than either of his previous movies.

This is for sure staying on my Best Picture top 5 list for as long as I can keep it there, and I see it making the cut based on how great it is and how much buzz it is getting.

I don't want to give too much away, but if you trust my taste in movies and such, I urge you to check it out.

But, on another note. The film festival setting sort of bothered me. We were crammed in an auditorium, not a theater. There were annoying film people there. It was sold out. People laugh at weird parts.

And the director was there. Which sounds really cool. But, alas, it wasn't. He was great and I am sure he had wonderful things to say, but the guy asking the questions was such an ass and asked some really terrible stupid questions. So, I couldn't take it and stood up and left.

Grade: A

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, and some dude smelled like booze and garlic. What the fuck was up with that?

My take on babel: meh. But I don't really like movies, so don't listen to me.

12:12 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

This one is definitely on my must-see list for the rest of the year ... I just loved 21 Grams, so I'll follow Inarritu just about anywhere in the world

1:42 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Toad734 said...

So whats it about?

1:48 PM, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home