9/26/2006

Mondays on NBC


Heroes and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip don't seem to have a ton in common at first glance, but they are a really great Monday night pairing. They have restored my faith in the hour-long scripted television show (joining Grey's Anatomy) and both are about coming to the rescue.

Heroes is the story of a group around the world who finds themselves having powers or gifts like teleportation, invincibility, the ability to fly. And there are lots of clues and pieces of why this is happening. I have no idea what direction the show is headed in, but I loved the first episode, despite some cheesy stuff. It is X-men at a slower pace and more human interaction and fewer special effects.

And Studio 60 is even better. It is the Aaron Sorkin (West Wing) dramady about two writers brought in by a new studio President to save a failing sketch comedy show. The first two episodes were totally original and exciting yet low-key and not trying to pack too much into the premise but still delivering about 15 really awesome characters.

I love Mondays!

Grade: Studio 60: A
Heroes: A-

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Agreed. Both of those shows are great, and (although it's CBS rather than NBC) Monday night also has the best current-run sitcom on TV, How I Met Your Mother. I generally have no use for sitcoms, but I love that show! Alyson Hannigan and Neil Patrick Harris rock!

10:34 AM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Noah said...

i agree with you about studio 60. it is smart and quick. and i love matthew perry and bradley whitford together.

3:43 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger brett said...

mondays are great.

my dvr is hating me.

10:58 AM, September 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Thursday. I'm bored with this blog.

10:54 AM, September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home