9/11/2006

United 93

All the reviews were right. This movie is really amazing. It is a simple approach to telling the story of September 11, but talk about an emotional blow. I spent the whole second half of the movie crying.

Despite how moving the movie is, I didn't feel like Paul Greengrass was manipulating my emotions. He just told the story like it is, didn't overdramatize or give a lot of political commentary. It was just like watching events unfold that day, which is actually more terrifying and impactful than watching something that looks like a movie.

This movie is going to be hard to beat as my favorite of the year. But, the best review I read of this movie called it "the best movie ever that I hated," because of how hard it is to watch.

Grade: A+

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I want to see this. How did it end?

1:05 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger RC said...

i'm glad you liked it...it's my top movie of the year so far.

excellent...brian greengrass deserves a best director nomination, for sure!

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

1:02 PM, September 15, 2006  
Blogger Toad734 said...

I thought it was going to be some Yahoo America propaganda but ya it seemed like it just told the story as well as they could and left it at that. Well, maybe a little much on the Muslim ceremony at the beginning which almost seemed like they were relating Islam in general to terrorism but now maybe I am being paranoid.

1:53 PM, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home