8/29/2006

Houston


I made my first visit to Houston this weekend. I have to admit that I didn't explore the city too much at all. But, from what I did see, it was the south for sure. You had to drive everywhere, everyone had SUV's and I saw my fair share of "hicks," even at the gay bars.

But, the gay area was pretty sizeable and the neighborhood was really unique, with the bars tucked in among homes along residential streets. The gay scene was pretty diverse and they seemed to have a bunch of places, each with its own attitude and clientele. If you are into bars that smell like poo and the guys stare at you and are sort of lude, then check out the Montrose Mining Company!

I had a nice, relaxing weekend, but was glad to be back in Chicago.

I was really hoping to have some Texas BBQ and didn't think I would get a chance to. I had to settle for bbq from Pappa's, a chain in Texas that has an outpost in the airport, and I was impressed for airport food. It was some damn fine meat.

We were visiting friends, so I am sure that I will probably visit again at some point, and I can explore a bit more then.

Grade: B

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

"It was some damn fine meat."

Man, if I had a dollar for every time I heard that... ;)

1:27 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Sexbox said...

I have ventured to the South only a few times in my life, and everytime I hated it. they are nicer down there......but definitely alot dumber! lol

5:35 PM, August 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god, I hate that bar you're talking about. It's tee-nast. And it's piss and shit, the smell. You forgot to mention the wood shavings they put on the floor to absorb the bodily fluids. The only great thing about Houston is their bath house. Club Med of the Gay South, I'm not kidding. I feel confident letting my baby crawl on their floors.

Post something about last night's PR3. I want to vent (and jump for joy!)

8:01 AM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Richie said...

UH! We used to call that place the Mickey Mouse Club because it had the same initials. Then every time we saw a gross person stroll into South Beach, we'd sing M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

2:53 PM, September 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home