8/08/2006

RJ Grunts

A recent episode of Popular prompted my bf and I to have an intense salad bar craving.

When I was a kid I used to love and go to the salad bar. There was something exciting about the idea of choosing your own items. What power!

I still love salad bars to this day and had been to RJ Grunts a while back before I moved here.

I was sort of let down by the toppings (no sunflower seeds?! no hard boiled egg?!), but overall it was a decent experience.

What made the experience even better was when the manager came over and thanked us and said he heard that my bf had never been before to their establishment, so he wanted us to have a free dessert of a chocolate chip cookie bar topped with ice cream and hot fudge. Just to say thanks and that he hoped we would come back. Awww....

Grade: B+

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Wow, I would totally go there just because the management actually sounds like they care about the people who eat there. That kind of stuff never happens anymore.

8:21 PM, August 08, 2006  
Blogger amanda said...

I thought that this was your roommate's salad bar...

Have you ever been to Souper Salad? It's the same thing, but with a soup station, too. Yummers.

6:36 AM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger Rata de dos patas said...

Souper Salad's ok, but on the subject of salad bars, allow me to mention my (somewhat) guilty pleasure: SWEET TOMATOES!!!.. I love this place!. If there was one located closer to me I'd eat there all the time. My trips to ikea are just an excuse to go to the ST in Schamburg. The salad!.. The soups!.. The foccacia!Mmmmm..

rddp

9:47 AM, August 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fogo de Chao (the Brazillian steakhouse) has the best salad bar I've ever seen. Even a vegetarian could go there and have an awesome meal.

8:41 AM, August 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home