9/11/2006

HB



I finally checked out HB, the Hearty Boys spot on Halsted. HB is the restaurant from the gay boys who have a show on Food Network.

I had stayed away from this place and not made a visit because the menu just wasn't exciting me too much. But, boy, was I wrong.

My bf took me there on a whim on Saturday night. A super sweet treat and we were really pleased.

He started out with the soft-shell crab on salad of watermelon, feta and mint. I had the pate plate. For entrees, I had the pork loin with a cherry bbq sauce and he had the quail. Then we shared the mini-cupcake flight. A honey lavender, a tagerine and a chocolate caramel.

The meal was overall really great. Wonderful dishes that were unique but still fairly simple. And BYO, to boot!

Thanks, Hearty Boys!

Grade: A-

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home