10/13/2006

Yoshi's Cafe

Yoshi's has been around for about 20 years, I think. And in the three years I have been here, I just made it there for the first time last night.

It is a Boystown staple and is some sort of French/Japanese fusion mix. And while I liked it, I didn't enjoy it enough to hurry back any time soon.

See, I love new restaurants, so I have to be pretty wowed to want to venture to a semi-expensive place multiple times.

We were celebrating my bf's new job. Hooray!

We started with a sea scallop starter and a tuna tartar. For entrees we did a wagyua beef brisket and the bf had the rack of lamb. Mine came with pumpkin ravioli and sweet potato puree stuff in this really amazing red wine sauce. The bf's came with this eggplant and goat cheese puree that he didn't like and looked like cat food.

The food was all done really well, but I had a hard time finding one entree that I really wanted both the mail part and the sides that came with it. And I am not picky at all.

It ain't a bad place, just not my fav in Boystown.

Grade: B-

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like yoshi's because i've never actually paid for a meal there.

3:15 AM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Aethlos said...

it's very good, but PRICEY!!! eek! i can get three good meals in chicago for the price of one at yoshi's. but it -is- good.

11:38 AM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger AKD said...

so what IS your favorite in boystown?

12:29 PM, January 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home