10/17/2006

The Fountain

Not only did this movie stink, but the auditorium where it was being shown did as well.

Before I talk about the movie, I need to mention how stinky the theater was. As soon as the movie started, someone started to fart near us. And not just like one or two stinky farts. Every five minutes there was this horrible smell that I have never smelled anything like in my life, but that I imagine being close to the smell of dead babies. And it never stopped. Me and my bf literally had his scarf wrapped around our heads.

But, the movie was a stinker too. Darron Aronofsky, who did Requiem for a Dram and Pi, was there and did a little q&a. But, this story of time travel, eternal life and love, starring Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz, went nowhere and was a total dud to me. It wasn't fun, the actors seemed distant and aloof and unsure of what they were supposed to be in the movie.

I loved Requiem for a Dream, a lot, and I love Rachel Weisz, so I thought I might really enjoy this despite some negative reviews out there.

I was pretty bored by it and spent more time trying to figure out who the culprit was in the audience was and why they hadn't left or shit their pants yet.

Grade: D

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for new blogs!

Question: if the movie & theatre stunk so bad, why didn't you just leave??

Make sure my bf is good this week!

9:31 AM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was seriously rank in there.

We didn't leave because we were hoping the smell would stop and the movie would get better. Neith occurred.

9:56 AM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all are way more dedicated to the "cinema" than I!

10:00 AM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was f...ing horrible and disgusting... more on the theater than the movie!!! that person has eaten something spoiled and rotten and it really stink up the area where were at...

Brady... Buttercup is ready for shipping.. when is Frank going to pick him up?

JHUN

2:02 PM, October 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home