3/17/2006

Pride & Prejudice

I checked out Pride & Prejudice last night. It's a good movie. Better than I expected, but I don't get Keira Knightley's nomination for this one.

I haven't seen either of the past adaptations of this and didn't even really know the story. But, a great story, and not the fluffy romantic story that I thought it was. I actually thought a couple of times how ahead of its time this movie is. She is a tough lady who won't settle for the restrictions society pushes on her.

But, my god, Jena Malone should be ashamed of the roles she has played.

Grade: B

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

No! I love Jena Malone! What roles are you referring to? I LOVED her in Saved, and I think I loved her in Stepmom. What else, other than P&P, is there?

1:39 PM, March 17, 2006  
Blogger pilgrimchick said...

Knightley did OK in this one, but I think she's rather flat as an actress (and physically two-dimensional as well). The better film is, as many will say, one with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle--and it is very good, albeit a long watch for someone who isn't too into the story. That version also stayed a little closer to the "time period" attitudes as well.

8:25 PM, March 17, 2006  
Blogger RC said...

Hey...I agree much better movie then I expected and a much more complicated (in a good way) love story the the Jennifer Lopez garbage.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

9:12 PM, March 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jena Malone was heartbreaking and beautiful in "The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys."

7:54 AM, March 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite Jena Malone movie is "Cold Mountain" because she plays a whore and gets shot to death in a small river skiff.

And I LOVE Jennifer Ehle. She's one of the top three most promising actresses I can think of today (I like Maria Bello too). Oh my God, ya'll! She's playing Lady MacBeth at the Shakespeare Festival in Central Park this summer.

She was AMAZING in Istvan Szabo's Sunshine. Her real mom is Rosemary Harris, Peter Parker's aunt from Spider Man. Love her!

9:04 AM, April 07, 2006  
Blogger Jatin Sethi said...

happy marriage anniversary didi and jiju

6:09 AM, January 01, 2020  

Post a Comment

<< Home