3/11/2006

Baton Club


This is Mimi Marks from the Baton Club on Clark in River North. I have been to this place once before, but went there again last week on a whim. Now, as you can see, some of the gals there are not your typical drag queens, they are more like trannies. And they are some realistic looking ladies.

But, despite this, something just doesn't settle right with me about the place. I mean, you pay 15 bucks to get in and you see a drag show that is very much like what you can catch in Boystown on various nights. I think the downtown locations brings in tourists who haven't seen anything like this before. I know that a shit-ton of bachelorette parties go there on weekends. But, the venue is really large without a ton to offer. I had a good time and it was indeed a swell drag show, but I can head to Hydrate on a Wednesday night and be just as impressed and see the drag queens be a little more raunchy and bitchy.

Grade: C

8 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Ok, not knocking the drag queens or those who enjoy watching them, but if I want to see somebody dance seductively, I'm gonna be going to Cocktail or Madrigal.

12:24 PM, March 11, 2006  
Blogger Casey said...

I love drag queens. I love watching them perform. I love watching them put on their make-up. I love getting into the bar free bacause you are carrying a drag queen's bag or cause you are one of her back up dancers! I'd pay the $15 dollars for a good show. But, bad drag is always a good time, too!

4:01 PM, March 11, 2006  
Blogger Sexbox said...

I have always heard fo this place, but I never knew anyone that actually went. It always seemed like a place where straight people go to experience "gay culture".

5:22 PM, March 11, 2006  
Blogger amanda said...

so this Mimi is now, or once was, a full-on man? Damn. She looks good. Trashy, but good.

9:16 PM, March 11, 2006  
Blogger Noah said...

I'd like to see a tranny with a name like Marge or Sally. Something wholesome and homey.

11:59 AM, March 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did she do the Whitney Houston / Cissy Houston duet "I Know Him So Well" with the fat drag queen?

That's unsettling. I'll never go back.

12:47 PM, April 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHARGENDA,

First, what a stupid name to begin with when you could have went with a really cool name like "Gold Dildo".

Anyways, let me begin by saying that I just recently attended the show at the Baton Club. You've mentioned that the Baton Club attracts tourists whom are shocked, but to the locals, it is nothing extrodinary. I am from the little city known as Detroit. I'm not a mormon from Utah. I loved the show. Anybody who was not impressed needs to pull the golden dildo out of their ass. I'm sure you are simply jealous of those gorgeous gals. I think anyone who not be shocked by their beauty is simply visiting boystown a little too much.

Are you reall Michael Jackson? Do you hail from Fairy...I mean Neverland? When you can put on a better show...give me a call. You can reach me at...1-900-Fuck-Off (Asshole!).

Ciao!

12:08 PM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger Noah said...

That number didn't work!

12:23 PM, May 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home