3/02/2006

North Country

North Country is a really good solid movie. Not an amazing movie, but if you put these wonderful actresses together you are bound to get some good results. I mean, Sissy Spaceck could come on the screen and poo, and I would still think she was incredible.

Charlize delivers a great performance, nothing worth winning an Oscar for, but the nomination is deserved. And Frances McDermond is good as always, but if someone told me before that she ends up disabled I would have totally gotten the Oscar nomination.

But, the story gets a little hokey and heavy handed. The final courtroom scene was a bit too much for me, and the scene with her father was so sappy, but I did shed a tear or two.

Grade: B

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

since you are the expert mister....I really wanna know, what makes one worthy of winning an Oscar? I mean, what really does it take? please fill me in.

10:09 AM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger Chargenda said...

It takes a balance of talent, timing, marketing, likeability. I mean, Oscar nominated films are usually of a higher caliber and more likeable to me, but there is plenty of politics involved.

10:11 AM, March 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home