2/24/2006

Capers

Capers have always been odd to me. I mean, they just taste salty and they cost a lot. And they just don't add a ton to dishes. Just this weekend I commented on how I thought they are totally dumb.

Then, last night, I was helping the bf prepare a tuna salad for his party to be served on cucumbers. It tasted sort of boring to me. And I wanted to have something added to it to make it a little more exciting, but still a pretty basic tuna salad. And the answer came to me: capers! Solved that tuna salad caper!

So, capers, I take back what I said about you, and I take back what I said about Ina for using them this weekend on her show.

Grade: B+

2 Comments:

Blogger paultoes said...

capers are like the drunk, jewish uncle of olives. and tapenade just isn't the same without it.
tuna salad, you say? i'll have to try that.

10:34 AM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Bloghungry said...

I'm still a little weirded out by them. They're like little salty alien pods that you put in chicken piccata. I don't trust them.

7:45 AM, February 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home