2/15/2006

The Pepper Lounge

I had my valentines dinner here last night. The place is super cute and hip on the inside and the food was really good, but not amazing.

I stared out with a pomegranite martini. Then I had the ahi tuna appetizer. My boyfriend had the lobster bisque. It wasn't even bisque. It wasn't smooth and wasn't creamy, and tasted super bland. So, they took it back and he had the oysters. Pretty good, but oysters just creep me out overall.

I had the filet with asparagus and potatoe for my entree. It was decent. Very simple, but very tasty. Jhun had the lamb, and that was truly amazing. It was served with spinach and mashed sweet potatoes. Super good.

And dessert was a chocolate bomb cake, and Jhun had the black forest cake. Both good, but nothing amazing. The overall impression was good solid food, but nothing too outside the box or that I simply can't wait to have again.

Grade: B

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what if it was popper lounge?

9:32 AM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Chargenda said...

That would be great. And they just every 20 minutes had poppers shot into the air...neat!

9:38 AM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Dustin Harder said...

back to being a food critic I see? I hope you had a splendid valentines evening-review that for us why dont ya?

1:33 PM, February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home