2/22/2006

North

I ate at North in Leland, Michigan on Friday night. This place is an old Inn whose ground floor has been converted into a restaurant. Beautiful space with lots of great art on the walls, and a surprise for being in the middle of nowhere in Northern Michigan. The menu was a bit of a shocker at first with expensive prices, but the food was nearly worth it.

I had their liver pate, and I love pate a lot. This version was sort of too creamy and could have had a little more bite to it. Pate is such a weird thing. It doesn't taste too different from liverwurst to me, but costs more. And then I had a beet and asparagus salad. The small portion had just four asparagi, two white and two green, and one beet with a lemony dressing. Basic tasting, but still yummers. But, the lamb tendertloin I had was out of this world. It was so tender and so perfectly seasoned and served with polenta and a truffle sauce. All served with a couple glasses of some local Michigan Pinot Grigio. Good stuff!

Grade: B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home