2/22/2006

Old Mission Penisula Wineries

On Saturday up in Traverse, my mother, her girlfriend, my boyfriend and I went to do some wine tasting. We hit up 5 wineries and had a great time. Got a little tipsy, and Jhun bought about 12 bottles of wine.

The wines are pretty good. Not the best all the time. But, you find some diamonds in the rough. In general stay away from any and all reds in that area. They don't grow them well, and they don't turn out that great. The Pinot Grigio's, the Rieslings, and of course the cherry wines were the ones to focus on.

But, if you are in Northern Michigan, check out wineries. One of my fav things to do.

Grade: A-

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie,

You have an open invitation to visit me in wine country. There's about 50 wineries within an hour of my house, and some of them make damn fine reds.

Yakima Valley represent, mofo.

So if you're ever in the Northwest, let me know and we'll do a wine weekend.

3:08 PM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger amanda said...

Pat my brother?

3:36 PM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger Sexbox said...

Your mother is a dyke?

5:27 PM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Oh Rieslings, how I love you.

8:25 PM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger Chargenda said...

No, not Pat your brother. Pat my friend from college. And yes, my mother is a dyke.

7:20 AM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home