9/27/2005

Rose Angelis

I actually ate at Rose Angeli's (1314 W. Wrightwood) a couple of weeks ago, but waited until a day that I needed a pick-me up to write about it. Because I was really truly amazed by this place, as were my Dad and step-mom who took me there.

My roomate had recommended it a few times to me, but I just never made it to this sort of out of the way spot in Lincoln Park. It is a large old home that has been converted to a really charming restaurant, including what looked like a great patio to the side. The place was huge when I was there, and empty, but we got there really early in the night, and from what I hear it gets packed many nights.

The food was some of the best Italian I have ever had in my life. I started out with this amazing garlic and gorgonzola cream soup, and got my first glimpse of their huge portions. This rich soup was so amazing, but so creamy and thick that I couldn't eat much of it. My parents shared a caprese salad, that said was one of the best they had had before.

Then, our entrees arrived and all of our jaws dropped. The portions were so crazy-huge. I had a dish with chicken breast, spinach and portobello mushrooms that rocked my world. My Dad had gorgonzola tortollini with grapes and walnuts and more gorgonzola in a cream sauce that he couldn't stop raving about and my stepmother had the lasagna, which was the size of her head.

Seriously, check this place out. I want to go back really soon!

Grade: A+

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummy! by far my favorite italian in the city!

8:45 AM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Chargenda said...

Scott is by far my favorite italian in the city!

8:47 AM, October 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home