9/21/2005

Oscar Predictions - September Updates

Well, the Toronto Film Festival is over and the movie that got the most hype was Brokeback Mountain. I think this buzz gauranteed the movie a Best Picture nod come next year. But, all the hooplah got me way excited about the movies coming out the rest of the year. I feel like this is going to be a great year. Here are my predictions. Your thoughts?

Best Picture

  1. Brokeback Mountain
  2. Munich
  3. Memoirs of a Geisha
  4. Walk the Line
  5. Jarhead

Best Director

  1. Steven Spielberg – Munich
  2. Ang Lee – Brokeback Mountain
  3. Rob Marshall – Memoirs of a Geisha
  4. Terrence Malick – The New World
  5. David Cronenberg – A History of Violence


Best Actor

  1. Joaquin Phoenix – Walk the Line
  2. Heath Ledger – Brokeback Mountain
  3. Phillip Seymour Hoffman – Capote
  4. Jake Gyllenhall –Jarhead
  5. Ralph Fiennes –The White Countess

Best Actress

  1. Judi Dench – Mrs. Henderson Presents
  2. Zhang Ziyi – Memoirs of a Geisha
  3. Charlize Theron – North County
  4. Reese Witherspoon – Walk the Line
  5. Joan Allen – The Upside of Anger

Supporting Actor

  1. Peter Saarsgard – Jarhead
  2. Jake Gyllenhall – Brokeback Mountain
  3. Bob Hoskins – Mrs. Henderson Presents
  4. Daniel Craig – Munich
  5. Ed Harris – A History of Violence

Supporting Actress

  1. Gong Li – Memoirs of a Geisha
  2. Michelle Williams – Brokeback Mountain
  3. Toni Colette – In Her Shoes
  4. Frances McDormand – North Country
  5. Catherine Keener – Capote

Best Original Screenplay

  1. Munich
  2. Crash
  3. Breakfast on Pluto
  4. Walk the Line
  5. The New World

Best Adapted Screenplay

  1. Brokeback Mountain
  2. Capote
  3. Jarhead
  4. Memoirs of a Geisha
  5. A History of Violence

2 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

I am very, very excited about Brokeback Mountain - can you tell me why you have Heath for Best Actor and Jake for Best Supporting? I don't know enough about it to have an opinion, so I'm just curious. Also, I am so happy that you think Toni Collette is going to get a nod. I think she's awesome and way underrated.

3:13 PM, September 21, 2005  
Blogger Chargenda said...

That is just what I heard out of Toronto, that he is borderline, but probably will be supporting. Others said he will be supporting because he is the bottom. Yeah, Toni Colette deserves a nod, but I think it was sort of wishful thinking on my part.

8:18 PM, September 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home