8/31/2005

Burrito Beach


I have seen this place over and over again. There are a few locations in the Loop, one in O'Hare airport, and the one I went to in Streeterville yesterday. It is pretty much just like all the other burrito chain's around: Chipotle, Qdoba, Baja Fresh. But, they do add some twists, like a Buffalo Chicken burrito, a salmon burrito and some other non-traditional burritos types.

I went there with my friend and frequent lunch time partner, Ryan, who pointed out they were a decent size and sometimes at Chipotle your burrito was a tad too big. We split the buffalo chicken and the pork burrito. I think I will stick with the basic burritos they offer in the future.

Maybe it was just because the whole experience was new to me but the ingredients tasted a tad fresher and the whole experience was better than a normal Chipotle visit.

But, what about the name? Who wants to eat a burrito on a beach? Gross...

Grade: B

3 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

mmm.. that buffalo chicken burrito sounds great.

9:59 AM, August 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Buffalo Chicken burrito could have been more buffalo-chicken-y actually. At first, when I started to smell that wonderful buffalo chicken aroma, I got really excited. But mixed with all the other typical burrito ingredients, it left something to be desired. It actually just tasted like regular chicken, not the buffalo kind. Quite a tragedy.

12:07 PM, August 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we just had a discussion about the name the other day at work....right by my office we have burrito beach and burrito buggy and we were all trying to decide which we would rather eat at based just on the name. i think beach...what doesn't sound better than wearing a bathing suit and eating a big burrito...i mean, those just go hand in hand.

9:23 AM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home