9/16/2005

Roy's


I ate with my Dad on Wednesday night at Roy's. This place was pretty awesome. It is actually a chain of restaurants that started in Hawaii, which made me a little hesitant. But, the food was really impressive. It is Hawaiin themed, but nothing too obnoxious.

I started with the Canoe Appetizer. A sampling of portobello ravioli, shortribs and coconut shrimp. It was good, but nothing really stood out as amazing, so I started to get a little nervous about my choide for dinner for the night.

My entree was the butterfish. This fish is truly amazing. Flaky, moist fish in a creamy sauce that is so rich and melts in your mouth. Some of the best fish ever in my life. My father had the filet and that was really awesome, but the sauce on it was a little too sweet and overpowering.

Then, we finished with the chocolate souffle lava cake. Holy shit, this was the best part, and I am not a desert fanatic like some. But, just totally amazing.

Grade: A-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to add that I, too, love Ray's! I sat at the pastry counter my first time there on a date and it was very cool to see all the yummy desserts being prepared! that chocolate lava cake is unbelievable. my second meal there wasn't as good, the filet was a little dry, but maybe it was just a bit too well-done for my liking. i had the butterfish the first time and loved it- and the waiter brought us a free appetizer to try, which was very cool- i think they were trying something new out so we got to have a taste. anywho, i second charlie's grade.

8:33 PM, September 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home