6/06/2006

X-Men 2 and 3

I watched the DVD of X2 on Sunday and went to see X-Men: The Last Stand later that day.

X2 was great, really fun, great, solid story, and just fun to watch, but anyone who is following the whole series knows that already.

The latest movie was good, but not awesome. There is something really fun about the whole concept of the X-Men, I mean, what little kid didn't used to pretend they had super powers. I remember being a little kid and standing in my back yard trying to control the weather ala Storm, no joke. Is that weird?

But the story is a little more disjointed, the character development a little more lacking, and the overall tone a little off. I really think this movie could have been better if they gave it a whole additional hour of time to tell it in. Just SO much going on that when a major character is axed I hardly have time to think about it or care about it.

But, just wonderfing if I was the only one out there who stayed through the credits at the end. If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you do, they leave some room for another movie by that blip of a scene in the end.

Grade: X2: A-
X3: B- (I am totally stealing Naivehelga's and EW's grade)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

I read about the after-credits in EW and, of course, stayed. About eight other people stayed when I saw it. It was clever, and I didn't see it coming (but should have), but in the words of the random guy who was in the theater the same time I was," I stayed for THAT?"

12:49 PM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I refuse to sit through that movie again, and didn't stay for the credits. Give me a spoiler...unless it was the chess board scene, which I saw, but thought it was before the credits.

8:11 PM, June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home