3/06/2006

Oscar Night

Everyone is saying the show was boring, but I thought it was great. But, I am must excited at how awesome I did on my predictions. I got 21 out of 24 catagories correct. That is amazing! 87%. Woo hoo! Some random thoughts:

  • Jon Stewart was really great, despite having heard some people saying he didn't do good. I thought he was the best host since Steve Martin a couple years back.
  • The montages were a bit out of hand. I got so tired of them.
  • The Crash upset was shitty, I kept saying I wanted some major upset, but not that. The movie shouldn't have even been nominated. It was a good movie, but not a great one.
  • I loved the Robert Altman tribute.
  • Was glad to see Reese and Rachel win in the Actress catagories.
  • I wish Jennifer Garner would have fell.
  • I was excited to see "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" win best song. I love that song and love that the Academy picked it. Sorry Dolly!
  • I like the fact that a bunch of small quality films shared the wealth this year.
  • Did I mention I kicked ass in my predictions?
  • I made some kick-ass chili. Anyone there is welcome to comment on how good it was.

Look for my year in advance predictions for next year later this week. They are totally silly, but a way to get psyched about movies coming out in the coming year.

Grade: A

6 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

Lily and Meryl were so fabulous, and so Robert Altman. Made me want to see The Player again, and Nashville for the first time!
No disrespect to the Pimps, but wasn't Dolly's performance AWESOME!? She worked that stage, and she looked amazing.

9:22 AM, March 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to lick George Clooney's toes.

9:44 AM, March 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought John Stewart was awesome. I don't understand why he's getting such bad reviews. Ignorance, I say!

10:39 AM, March 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I thought Dolly's performance was far better than that Pimp crap, but I will say I loved the enthusiasm they had when they won. John Stewert was great! I thought this year's Oscars were the funniest they have been in a while. I didn't try Charlie's Chili(hahaha alliteration) but beware of the pesticide-filled strawberries!

Bruce

11:58 AM, March 06, 2006  
Blogger Michael said...

Jon Stewart was the best! Tom Shales of the Washington Post be damned...how could he even think that Stewart was worse than David Letterman? Did he even watch the show?

Yes the montages were way out of hand, but loved Stewart's comment about the montage of montages and the request for sending in clips.

Hate to disagree with you on this one, Charlie, but with the exception of Brokeback, Crash was the best nominated movie of the past 3 years. It's the only movie that I can handle beating out BBM without losing sleep over it.

Dolly Parton is scary.

2:34 PM, March 06, 2006  
Blogger Michael said...

Did you notice also that in his reward speeches at the Golden Globes and now at the Oscars, Philip Seymour Hoffman never once acknowledged Truman Capote? As this blogger said, "Whereas Reese Witherspoon appropriately paid homage to Johnny and June Cash in her best actress speech, Hoffman (as at the Golden Globes) could find not one word to say about the brilliant but tortured gay man whose life he rode to Oscar gold. Really, I'm quite disgusted by him."

8:45 PM, March 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home