12/12/2005

The Inner Circle


I finally finished a book. I can't tell you how many novels I have read lately that I couldn't get through. Partially from boredome with the book, partially because I have a hard time finding things I want to finish lately.

The Inner Circle is a fictionalized acount of the work of Alfred Kinsey fromt he perspective of one of his researchers. He is the first researcher Kinsey, or Prok, hires. And working for Prok means sleeping with Prok, and his wife, and other coworkers. It explores the work they are doing, and a really interesting story about human sexuality. And it does a great job of exploring the tension between human's natural sexual instincts and the idea of love and sex.

There is tons of sex in the book but nothing really steamy or exciting. T.C. Boyle, the author, is quicly becoming a fave of mine.

So, check it out.

Grade: B+

3 Comments:

Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I almost rented Kinsey tonight. I didn't though. Sorry, that's my whole story.

9:26 PM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger amanda said...

I read The Tortilla Curtain several years ago - if you like Boyle, you should read it. It's not pretty, but it's powerful.

9:52 AM, December 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you go wrong with a name like T.C.? *chortle*
-TC

5:29 PM, December 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home