12/12/2005

National Board of Review Winners



The NBR announced their winners. And the best movie of the year was Good Night, And Good Luck. I have been putting off seeing this because I really don't like George Clooney, but need to check it out. And this just gave the film a boost that was much needed to get it into the top five for best picture.

Anyone seen this yet? What did you think?

The other winners on their top ten list:
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Crash
History of Violence
Match Point
Memoirs of a Geisha
Munich
Syriana
Walk the Line

Oh, and the LA film critics and a few others all have picked Brokeback as their fave of the year. Woo hoo!

Grade: B (not too many surpises on the list, but a decnet year for movies it seems)

3 Comments:

Blogger paultoes said...

i love bareback mountain!

8:42 PM, December 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang, mr mortensen is mesmerizing in a history of violence..

1:15 AM, December 13, 2005  
Blogger Casey said...

Ok, well, I doubt I'll get to see Brokeback Mountain in a theatre cause I live in the middle of a bunch of rednecks. I want to see Memoirs of a Geisha - the book was awesome. I'm not all that into the Oscars anyway ... I never have the time - or desire -to go see any of the movies!

8:42 AM, December 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home