10/11/2005

Rachael Ray

I have a love/hate relationship with Rachael Ray. In case you don't know she is the host of pretty much every show on Food Network. 30 Minute Meals, 40 dollars a Day, and some crappy show where she goes out to eat with semi-famous people. And she has a cookbook franchise. On top of all this Oprah has just recruited her to host her own talk show. Ugh...

I am transfixed whenever she is on TV, because she is so damn bubbly and I just cant' tell if it is real or fake. She has this annoying dorky voice, but she does make some good stuff. Her restaurant choices are stupid most of the time for 40 Dollars a Day. Ask me some time to do my impression of her taking her first bite at a new restaurant on the show.

But, then I was on Chicagoist and they linked to this super nasty photo of her in FHM magazine. She is so not a sexy person to me. Do men really get off on her? This picture just made me extra super glad I am not a striaght person.

Despite my negative statements, I am drawn to her for some reason. Because I get the sense that she just doesn't give a shit...

Grade: B-

7 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

The picture of her dipping her "spoon" into her "pot" of "chocolate" will haunt me until I die.

10:06 AM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger amanda said...

I'm totally with you - I love her and I hate her. I saw her $40 a Day when she was in France, and it pissed me off. No one can eat at luxurious cafes for three or four meals a day for less than forty dollars! It's a sham!

11:20 AM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Chargenda said...

Yeah, and then other times it is like "Whoah, Rachael, you are in Vermont, you don't need to spend every last penny. You have had a LOT to eat already!"

11:23 AM, October 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barf.

6:08 PM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Luis said...

I like her, but you're right, her pic is not sexy. I wonder why she would ever agree to do something like that... it's not her.

6:54 PM, October 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You failed to mention the fact that besides the three or four shows she is doing, sometimes they have them back to back (doubles) so that she is sometimes on 6 - 8 times per day. She's great but it really isn't good business for the Food Network. I've already overdosed on her. I think the head of Food Network is poking her.

I'm gay and for some reason, I'm very attracted to her. I don't know what it is. She really is cute. I know several women who even say, "She's just a doll!"

-Sean

11:59 PM, October 20, 2005  
Blogger Dustin Harder said...

I really REALLY wanna see your impression of her first bite at a new restaurant! Personally, I cant stand the bitch.

5:49 AM, October 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home