9/30/2005

Glamorama



I really love this book by Bret Easton Ellis. I just re-read this story about Victor Ward, a NYC male model who is kind of sort of famous. He moves through the NYC club celeb scen in the first half of the book in a mindless description of parties and endless name-dropping. But, there are a few really strange things happening, and suddenly the book takes a really insane turn.

I can understand people who hate this book. Ellis comes off in most of his books as simply throwing downt he lives of these really dislikable people, but he does it to make a point, a social commentary. So, every now and then you find yourself hating yourself for loving these hateful people. You want to live their life, but you want to hate their life all at the same time. Who else can write a book about terrorism and modeling in the 90's like this.

Oh, and did I mention the hottest sex scene ever in a novel? Victor, another male model and a former female model all take some X and do it like crazy. I re-read that long scene like 10 times the first time I read the book. It is so hot!

Can't wait to read his next book, Lunar Park.

Grade: A

3 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

American Psycho is the only book that I've ever had to put down and walk away from because it disturbed me so much. In a way, I think that's kind of cool.

9:40 AM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger Chargenda said...

Yeah. I haven't read that one yet, I worry it would freak me out. His only book I haven't read. I saw someone on the train next to me reading Glamorama today. And I secretly hoped that she picked it up because she read about it on my blog. I am crazy.

9:43 AM, October 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes you are.

12:30 PM, October 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home