1/18/2007

Final Oscar Nominee Predictions

The Oscar nominees are announced a week from today. I work on updating this list about once a month during the year. Here are my final picks for this year!

Best Picture:
Dreamgirls
The Departed
Babel
Little Miss Sunshine
The Queen
Runner-Up: United 93
I wish: Little Children


Best Director
Martin Scorsese – The Departed
Alejandro González Iñárritu – Babel
Stephen Frears – The Queen
Bill Condon – Dreamgirls
Clint Eastwood – Letters from Iwo Jima
Runner Up – Paul Greengrass – United 93
I wish: Robert Altman – Prairie Home Companion

Best Actor:
Forest Whitaker - The Last King of Scotland
Leonardo DiCaprio – The Departed
Peter O’Tool - Venus
Will Smith – The Pursuit of Happyiness
Ryan Gosling – Half Nelson
Runner Up: Sacha Baron Cohen - Borat
I wish: Patrick Wilson – Little Children

Best Supporting Actor
Eddie Murphy – Dreamgirls
Brad Pitt – Babel
Jack Nicholson – The Departed
Alan Arkin – Little Miss Sunshine
Jackie Earl Haley – Little Children

Runner-up: Michael Sheen – The Queen
I wish: Mark Wahlberg – The Departed

Best Actress
Hellen Mirren – The Queen
Kate Winslet – Little Children
Meryl Streep – The Devil Wears Prada
Judi Dench – Notes on a Sandal
Penelope Cruz – Volver
Runner-up: Nobody. This group is solid
I wish: Annette Benning had some room in here for running with scissors

Best Supporting Actress:
Jennifer Hudson – Dreamgirls
Adrianna Barraza – Babel
Abigail Breslin – Little Miss Sunshine
Rinko Kulchi - Babel
Cate Blanchett – Notes on a Scandal
Runner-Up: Emily Blunt – The Devil Wear’s Prada
I wish: Meryl Streep – Prairie Home Companion

Best Adapted Screenplay
The Departed
Dreamgirls
Little Children
The Last King of Scotland
Notes on a Sandal
Runner-up: Thank You for Smoking

Best Original Screenplay
The Queen
Little Miss Sunshine
Babel
Volver
United 93
Runner Up: Pan’s Labrynth

5 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

Noms come out on Tuessay, not Thursday!

3:10 PM, January 18, 2007  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Amanda, when is Tuessday? That's for all the shit you give me about my spelling. Curious to know though, you put Meryl in your pick for best actress. I would have thought her to be supporting. How do you decide if someone is supporting, or lead? I guess it's obvious in most cases, but I would have thought Anne Hatheway would be considered lead in that movie with Meryl being supporting. Although, I suppose there can be 2 leads.

8:58 PM, January 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn you are good with these! I know who to look to when my office Oscar pool comes around again this year.

6:11 AM, January 23, 2007  
Blogger Bradio said...

Are you EVER going to change this blog? How am I suppose to win my office Oscar pool this year without your predictions?! Can you help a brother out?

7:18 AM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger RC said...

what's your post nomination thoughts?

9:22 PM, February 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home