6/27/2006

The rest of the summer's movies

This weeks opening of Superman Returns has me all worked up. I don't know why, I never gave two shits about any of the other Superman movies, but I am really excited about this one. And I just found out that Parker Posey is in it!

So, here is a rundown of what to look for the rest of the summer, sorry for breaking my format here:

June 28 - Superman Returns - I predict there are going to be all sorts of gays going to this movie.

June 30 - The Devil Wears Prada - Early reports are saying that Ms. Streep is in top form in this one. I smell a Golden Globe winner!

July 21 - Lady in the Water - M. Night's latest movie looks like it could be another total stink-bomb, just like The Village.

August 4 - The Science of Sleep - Gael Garcia Bernal in a movie directed by Eternal Sunshine's Michel Gondry. Sounds like a wet dream to me, speaking of sleep.

August 11 - World Trade Center - Oliver Ston's take on September 11th, focusing on the story of two guys stuck in the rubble. I am nervous for this one.

August 18 - Snakes on a Plane - I don't plan to see it, but I give you one guess to get what it's about. Yes, the title is really that literal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

Will Parker Posey just up and die please.

11:49 AM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I can't wait to see superman. I've been waiting for months. That's probably a little sad

9:55 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger Michael said...

(1) Parker Posey is one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

(2) I don't care what anyone says, The Village was a great movie, and not just because of the amazing score.

(3) Agreed. After the amazing United 93, I am very nervous for World Trade Center. The two will inevitably be compared, and it's hard to imagine another movie of any sort rising to the level of perfection reached in United 93.

11:26 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger RC said...

i forgot about the science of sleep...i hope this movie's good...i remember reading some stuff on it in the spring...you heard much buzz about it?

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

2:42 PM, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home