6/20/2006

The Beach

I was sort of glad that I watched this movie last night. Only because I have had tons of really nice great reviews lately. So, this shit sammy of a movie give a chance to rip on something.

I mean, wow, I heard how bad this movie was when it came out a few years back, but I couldn't' believe how terrible it was. The premise was OK, and interesting, but this movie seriously get progressivly worse as it approaches the end. Leonardo's character gets all crazy and stuff, and people start dying...and it gets SO lame!

Grade: D (the scenery is gorgeous, even thought they destroyed an island to make the movie)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this movie by Tilda Swinton default. She's so dreamy. I like Danny Boyle though (Shallow Grave, Trainspotting).

12:45 PM, June 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it wasn't supposed to be leo-tardo dicaprio in the first place. boyle cast ewan mcgregor origally but they had a falling out.

11:40 AM, June 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also hate movies and books that use exotic locales as metaphor for loss of innocence. tank!

11:42 AM, June 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home