5/05/2006

Case Histories

As I have said before, I have this aversion to British novels, and I have this sexist aversion to female authors. It is totally wrong of me, but I like my authors male and not British. I know this is SO wrong of me, and the rules about the lady writers has been proven wrong a bunch, but more often than not I am able to relate to a male voice better.

So, I was surprised that I liked this book. It wasn't a fav of mine, but it was still a damn good read.

It is the story of three mysteries that happened years ago and are resurfaced again when a detective is called in to help, but it is so much more than a mystery novel. Great character development, great story, and interesting conclusions. The actual mysteries take a back seat to the great writing and story.

Grade: B+

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't like female writers because, generally, they like to write in figurative language and never say what they mean.

You don't like British authors because their prose can be overblown and never get to the point quickly.

You're not going to like anything I write because I'm guilty of doing both.

11:48 AM, May 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home