4/12/2006

Broken Flowers

I just knew I wouldn't be into this movie. And I was right.

This is Bill Murray, playing basically the same character from Lost in Translation. His character is sent on a mission by his neighbor to find a son that he has been told he has out there. So, he goes on a cross country journey and visits some old flames.

His character sort of does this out of boredom and is basically forced to go on this trip. So, my question is, why should I care if he doesn't even give a shit?

There are some great ladies in this playing some small parts, good acting, but none of them really knocked my socks off. Frances Conroy, Julie Delpy, Sharon Stone, Tilda Swinton, and some other really great ladies.

And I had a hunch the whole time, but just so you know going into it, none of the questions are answered.

Grade: D

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

What is it with Bill Murray? He's one of these actors who I seldom feel neutral towards. I either love him or hate him. He has turned out some brilliant performances (recently The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is hilarious), but then he can just put out some stuff that is crap. I haven't seen Broken Flowers (didn't look particularly interesting in the trailer), so thanks for the tip. I will continue to avoid it. :)

12:27 PM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I hated Lost in Translation. I feel like Bill Murray is trying to make all these hip, deep movies, which could be good. For the most part, he bores me though.

8:26 PM, April 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're wrong.

Broken Flowers was great and stands on its own. So what if he plays similar characters. By that logic, you would have to hate Catherine Keener, because (besides Capote), she plays the same character in all her movies, and we still love her. But yeah, I've never been a big fan of Jim Jarmusch's cinematic voice, though people think it's really cool to idolize him. I prefer Wim Wenders because I'm pretentious that way.

And I loved Lost in Translation. Brilliant, and can't wait for Marie Antoinette. What if Kirsten Dunst plays the same character from Elizabethtown? Just fucking with ya.

10:33 AM, April 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...i liked the soundtrack though. cool cues.

6:04 PM, April 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home