12/28/2005

Little Children


I finished this book yesterday on my train ride back from the depths of Michigan.

This is one of those quick and easy reads that I love so much and is still classified as "literary fiction" yet is a really light, easy read.

The novel is a story of a handful of 30-something parents in suburbia, and a satire of the lives they live. It is sometimes funny, sometimes sad, the boring and sad state of affairs these people find themselves in: dreadful marriages, affairs, pent up anger.

But, the book was really wonderful and I tore through it. Check it out!

Grade: A-

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Dustin Harder said...

was the ride backany better at all?

8:34 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Chargenda said...

way better! it went by faster and most people just slept and it didn't stink. But, was great running into you on the train on the way home!

8:37 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger amanda said...

I have never heard of this book, but you are never wrong when it comes to book recommendations. Incidentally, I walked by a display at Borders last week that said: "Loved the Da Vinci Code? Read The Eight!"

9:11 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Chargenda said...

OMG! I forgot about that book. I wanna blog about The Eight now. But, yeah, I think you would like this one. I love books!

9:28 AM, December 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought this post was going to be about actual little children and unnecessary they generally are... I'm disappointed.

11:21 AM, December 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home