10/24/2005

Davenport's


I have been to this piano bar once before last year, but returned to the Wicker Park spot on Friday (after Thai Lagoon). The space is really great, and it is a great place to venture to on a Friday night as opposed to the usual bars I hit up on weekends. Something different. But, the show I went to just didn't do it for me last Friday. Justin, the performer is great, but it was all just too low key for me for a Friday night. He did early Frank Sinatra songs, ones that most people haven't heard before. And I needed something a little peppier. But, I would recommend it for a great date idea.

Grade: A-

1 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

My friend Tony sings there pretty often. You would love him. He hasa the best voice I've ever heard, no lie. Go again when he's performing - he'll make you all warm and creamy inside.

9:46 AM, October 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home