7/26/2005

Big Chicks

Chances are this won't be the first time you hear me rave about Big Chicks (5024 N. Sheridan Rd. 773-728-5511). When I first moved to Chicago just under two years ago, this was my second home. Now, I am not sure whether I should be proud of spending as much time as I did at this bar, but facts are facts.

Las night I visited the Uptown gay bar for Buck Burger Night. You get a 1/3 pound burger and really yummy french fries for just one dollar (75 cents extra to add your choice of an array of cheeses). And this is a damn good burger for a dollar. The place is never too crowded on a Monday and really is a great way to start the week.

The allure of Big Chicks is that on a night like Monday it is just a laid-back neighborhood gay bar, but on a Friday or Saturday when the back room becomes a dance floor it turns up the energy a few notches, but still is attitude-free without being sketchy.

And with Dave, Ronnie and Stuart as bartenders you are alwasy treated great!

I'll save the amazing and free Sunday BBQ for another day!

Grade: A

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, I can't wait to go there on Wednesday to celebrate my birthday! Gooooo Big Chicks!

8:08 AM, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Noah said...

I'll turn up the energy a few notches... in your butt!

9:53 AM, July 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? you'd do that for me?

10:45 AM, July 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home