3/29/2006

Old Ebbitt Grill

The Old Ebbitt Grill on 15th St. in DC is an institution. It is about a block from the White House and on any given night is full of lobbyists and political types. But, I never made it there when I lived there. And I was glad to be there on my DC visit. And, I got a glimpse of Condolizza Rice, who was in a booth in the main room, probably planning ways of making life hell for Democrats. Even though I can't stand the lady, I know she is a smart cookie, and a celebrity spotting is a celebrity spotting.

The restaurant was OK, but what sucked is my company. I was there for a meeting with other Illinois folks, and the conversation was boring, and I ended up in a booth with three boring white guys in suits talking about kids, and mortgages, and work, and sports, and making gross straight guy comments. It was torture, but I chit-chatted and tried to hang with these older married straight guys.

I had a tuna tartare appetizer, and rainbow trout for my entree. Really good, but all the other guys got the crab cakes, and they looked way better than my dish. Damn!

Grade: B-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home