11/21/2005

Saying "Thank you!"


There is something very charming about people who send quick brief thank-you e-mails after a party. I know that I generally try to send a quick e-mail off to the host of a party a day or two after the event has occured. Not necessary, but very kind after you have trashed a person's home. So, I am always just pleased when I get a little e-mail like that. And I also love any kind of attention I can get.

I have a friend, Elise, who often will send little thank you cards for simple things in the mail. Or randomly send you high school photos with a little card in there with a note. And it is just so classy and makes people very happy. Love that!

And for those totally confused by the photo, that is Rosie and Andie MacDowell in TV's wonderfully terrible Riding the Bus with My Sister, in which her most infamous line among some circles is "Thank you!"

Grade: A

4 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Ever notice how when Rosie smiles, it's more like a dog growling and bearing its teeth???

1:46 PM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger Chargenda said...

She just keeps getting more and more tore up looking. Just too bad...

1:52 PM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger amanda said...

Elise wrote me a card for high school graduation that I still have - that's how good it is. Elise - A.

8:45 PM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger Dustin Harder said...

I think e-mail thank you's are tacky. Technology's fault. It's nice for someone to do it but I think a card is the way to go. Who doesnt love getting mail thats NOT a bill?

3:52 PM, November 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home