8/03/2005

Kafka Wine

I need to put a disclaimer that Michael of Kafka is a friend of mine. But, even if he weren't I would think this store is great.

Kafka (3325 N. Halsted St) is located in Boystown, and in perfect to have in a city and an area with plently of BYO food spots. The clean, crisp design of the place is great. The walls are lined with bottles and many of them have little comments on them. The best thing about this place is the prices. Michael and Joe both know their shit! They have searched far and wide for wine that is affordable yet great-tasting. More than once I have been there when someone comes in, presents the situation they are in (type of food, event, etc) and they quick bring out something for the customer.

Oh, and Michael really likes it when you buy a couple of bottles of wine, drink them at someones house or a restaurant and come stumbling back in after a while, totally wasted, and harass him. No, really, he likes it!

They also have First Fridays at Kafka. A chance to go in and sample a handful of their wines, held the first friday of every month. It gets a bit packed, but that is simply a testiment to the greatness of this place.

Grade: A

2 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

That place rocks! Michael is so awesome.

11:24 AM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger Luis said...

Definitely!

I went in here once, and I said, "I love red wine, but I have a cold, do you have something that's not too dry? I'm eating Thai tonight." They handed me the BEST, juciest, most quaffable, wine I've ever had!

9:24 PM, August 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home