8/02/2005

Edo Sushi

This is one of many mid-pried sushi spots in Chicago. But, I had been to Edo (2407 N. Clark) in Lincoln Park, a couple of times in my first year in the city. And I always thought it was a step above most smallish sushi places, but with the same price as those sometimes sketchy joints.

But, I ate there Saturday afternoon and was a little less than impressed. I don't know if I have just achieved some higher standards in sushi quality, but this place just didn't cut it. The sushi seemed sort of sub-par, and the tuna maki tasted downright fishy and weird. Not to mention it looked like all their prices had gone up recently.

Oh, and the server there was so not friendly. There was nobody in the place and she seemed totally put out by us.

With so many sushi options in Chicago, I don't think I will be back.

Grade: C

2 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

C seems pretty high for fishy tuna.

8:54 AM, August 02, 2005  
Blogger karissimah said...

what does "mid-pried" mean? I'm not from chicago so I'm not down with your lingo.

6:07 AM, August 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home