7/12/2005

Crunchwrap Supreme

Taco Bell has duped me again. After seeing photos on the sides of buses I feel for their ploy and started to crave a Crunchwrap Supreme (how the hell do they name these things?)

Plain and simple, it's pretty nast. I grew up eating far too much Taco Bell and have witnessed the introduction of many products (enchiritos, chalupas, mexi melts, etc.). And despite the fact that they have strayed far from anything authentic, I have mostly been pleased with the results (with the exception of a few items: choco tacos, that one value menu burrito with potatoes in it...)

Taco bell should have learned when they brought out the double decker taco that you should not put a hard shell inside of other ingredients. It gets soggy quick and ends up tasting weird if you eat it more than two minutes after the product hits the tray.

And they need to teach their workers how to evenly distribute ingredients. My first three bites were full of a shit-ton of sour cream, the middle was a whole lotta lettuce and the end was when I experienced my first taste of meat. And I would have preferred real cheese instead of the liquid nacho stuff.

Nice try Taco Bell, but this ain't no Mexican Pizza. Oh, and why did you stop putting black olives on food? I miss 'em.

Grade: C-

9 Comments:

Blogger Luis said...

Taco Bell... ewww!

2:27 PM, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taco Bell is awesome. maybe you're ew.

2:53 PM, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

read fast food nation, people. taco bell is evil.

9:22 AM, July 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, i used to work at taco bell in high school. OMG i can't believe i just disclosed that.

anywho, i came up with the gordita in 97' on my break.

10:03 AM, July 13, 2005  
Blogger Chargenda said...

taco bell is evil? You mean evil-good!

1:06 PM, July 13, 2005  
Blogger Noah said...

yeah, and by evil-good im pretty sure you mean really really great.

9:09 AM, July 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Charlie. Happy I found you.

By the way, do you remember the "Half-pound Pistons Burrito" they sold at Taco Bell in metro Detroit in the mid-90s?

I imagine they had various other versions -- the "Half-pound Yankess Burrito" in New York or "Half-pound Eiffel Tower Burrito" in Paris. But I bet they weren't as good as the Pistons version, which came with a commemorative Grant Hill 32-oz plastic cup if you got the value meal.

My favorite these days, for value and overall Tacobelliciousness, is the Grilled Stufft Burrito. Chicken when I can afford it. Beef when I'm broke.

Peace

11:18 AM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Chargenda said...

Pat: how do i get a hold of you?

11:34 AM, July 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another reason to eat the Crunchwrap within two minutes... Food contaminated with fecal matter should be eaten while piping hot to prevent getting sick.

4:58 PM, July 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home